Fried lobster served with kohlrabi and truffle vegetables and lobster mousse
1. Extract the lobsters, break off the claws and tails from the carcass. Wash thoroughly with cold water. Cut the lobster tail into medallions. Leave the claws whole. Also cut the lobster carcasses into large pieces.
2. Wash, clean and peel the kohlrabies. Cut into thin slices and form them to a round shape.
3.Wash the chives, shake dry and cut into thin rings.
4. Blanch the kohlrabi slices in boiling salted water for about 3 minutes, drain, rinse with cold water and allow to drain well.
5. Heat 2 tbsps. oil in a pan and lightly fry the lobster carcasses, turning occasionally. Deglaze with the wine and pour in the lobster stock. Simmer over a medium heat for about 30 minutes. Strain the stock through a sieve into a pan.
6. Pour in the cream and Cognac, stir in the crème fraîche and bring to a boil. Allow to simmer over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, season with salt, pepper and a dash of lemon juice and froth with a hand-held blender. Froth again before serving.
7. Melt the butter in a pan and lightly heat the lobster meat and kohlrabi slices, turning all the time. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
8. Divide the kohlrabi slices on plates, sprinkle with chives. Shave the truffles and put onto the slices. Arrange the lobster medallions and one claw each on plates and serve with the lobster mousse. Garnish the lobster with some fried leek.