1. Gently heat the butter and the sugar in a pan and pour into a mixing bowl. Add the spices and syrup and stir everything with a mixer.
2. Whip the whipping cream until slightly stiff and add to the mixing bowl. Mix the baking powder with half the flour and then also add to the butter. Stir in the rest of the flour bit by bit.
3. Knead the dough thoroughly on a floured surface and then wrap in cling film or put back in the bowl and cover. Leave the dough in the fridge for a day.
4. The next day, remove the dough, divide into portions and roll out very thinly. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 °C. Cut out different figures with biscuit cutters and place onto a greased baking tray (or baking paper) and bake for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
5. Leave to cool. The ginger biscuits react strongly to moisture, therefore store them in a cool, dry place.
< Back to overview