Veal Fillet with Walnut-Parsley Crust with Morel Sauce and Potato-Pumpkin Gratin
1. Pour 200 ml boiling water over morels, soak for at least 30 minutes Dab dry and cut the veal fillet. Rub fillet with salt and pepper and sear in 2 tbsp heated oil. Chop the walnuts. Wash the parsley, chop into small pieces. Knead together the walnuts, parsley, egg, and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Spread mixture on the fillet. Peel 2 shallots and dice finely.
2. Saute half the shallots in 2 tbsp oil. Dry morels in a sieve, add to the stock. Add veal stock and allow to boil.
3. Wash, half, and core the pumpkin and cut into pieces. Wash and the peel potatoes and cut into pieces. Peel and dice 2 shallots. Heat oil in a large pan. Brown the shallots. Add 250 g cream and sherry, nutmeg, salt, and pepper and boil. Add pumpkin and potato pieces and cook for approximately 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Place mixture into a large, greased gratin pan and gratinate in a preheated oven (200 degrees, circulating 180 degrees) for approximately 45 minutes. After 25 minutes place the veal fillet in the oven and gratinate for 12 to 15 minutes. Allow the gratin and meat to rest for several minutes after cooking.
4. Bring the sauce base to a boil again. Mix half of the sauce with the rest of the cream. Add morels, allow to cook through for approximately 1 minute. Thicken both sauces to desired consistency with a sauce thickener.
5. Cut the fillet into strips and plate and serve with gratin and sauce. Great with green beans.
Per serving: approximately 550 kcal, 36 g fat, 25 g carbohydrates, 42 g protein.
Preparation time: approximately 60 minutes.
Waiting time Baking time, approximately 45 minutes.